INTRODUCING THE NEWSTEAD BREWING CO ‘WING IT’ CHALLENGE!
Yeah look, in these uncertain times, we are totally winging it.
Everything is getting a little manic out there and we here at Newstead want to lighten the mood, have a bit of fun and set up a community, online sporting event, for people to enjoy at home. So, what did the brains trust come up with? A Buffalo Wing challenge…in the comfort of your own home.
We are propping up $10,000 in prizes, including a Champion prize valued at $5,000. This includes making your own special batch of beer with the Newstead Brewers, designing the can label, putting the beer in cans and taking 10 cartons with you when its ready. We will add 10 more Newstead core range cartons, a $750 bar tab and a merch pack to the value of $500. The Runners-Up prize pack is also impressive, valued at $2,000; 10 cartons of Newstead core range beer, a $750 bar tab and a $250 merch pack. Losing Semi-Finalists won’t go home empty handed. Each will scoop 5 cases of beer and $500 in goodies. Similarly, losing Quarter-Finalists go home with $500 in value. Basically, if you make the final 8, you score.
Phew, ok that was a lot to get through. Thanks for not flying the coop.
Ready for the rules? Here we go…
- You have to Click & Collect the Wing It Challenge via our online store.
- $24 will get you a 4pack of Nineteen 09 Coastal Ale and a serve of Newstead’s famous Buffalo Wings.
- Come grab them from either of our brewpubs (and enjoy a contact-less experience).
- Take them home.
- Video yourself (we recommend asking a friend or family member) getting through the full portion of wings and here’s the catch…
- To qualify, you have to smash them in under 60 seconds. It can be done (we tried, we got messy).
- We need proof – a timer easily viewable on screen.
- Post your video to Facebook or Instagram tagging Newstead Brewing Co and using the hashtag #NBCOWINGIT to complete this challenge but YOU MUST make sure your profile is set to ‘public’ (or we won’t see it).
- We reserve all rights to disqualify and reject any entry if either, less than 90% (excluding bone) of each wing is not consumed or there is any evidence of video doctoring.
- Completing the above sees you as Qualified. We’ll even share the best ones on our own socials.
The Qualifiers are invited to a weekend of Finals. These will be held at our Castlemaine Street brewpub post–apocalypse. There is a $50 entry fee applicable to all Qualifiers to take part in the Finals. Entry comes with two pots of Newstead beer.
In the Finals, heats will occur with two competitors facing off against each other in a Speed Challenge adjudicated by a Newstead-sanctioned official. These are knock-out phases with the winner of each heat progressing through eventually to the Quarter Finals and so on. Prizes will then be distributed as mentioned above.
At the end of 2019, we changed chicken wing suppliers, moving to 100% organic, free-range Buffalo Wings. So you can make a guilt-free mess of yourself in the privacy of your own home.
At the very worst, you get wings and beer for $24. At best, you’re walking away with a money-can’t-buy brewing experience.
You’d be flapping mad to miss it.
Order Click & Collect from our Doggett Street, Newstead brewpub HERE.
Order Click & Collect from our Castlemaine Street, Milton brewpub HERE.