Jobs: Assistant Brewer (Milton)
Assistant Brewer, Newstead Brewing Co. Milton.
Newstead Brewing Co. begun life in 2013 in an old bus depot around the back end of Newstead. We quickly outgrew the original brew pub, which remains our spiritual home and source of experimentation and special batches. Early 2017 saw the unveiling of our second brewery, across town in Milton. We have a strong focus on quality and community, two aspects that are central to our operation.
If you relish working in a creative, fast paced and expansive environment we invite you to apply for the position of Assistant Brewer, based at our Milton site. Sitting adjacent Suncorp Stadium, in the heart of Castlemaine St the facility maintains a state of the art, PLC operated, 4 vessel, 50hL brewhouse with 700hL fermentation capacity, Cask canning line, Comac semi-automated keg line, an environment controlled barrel room and a substantial laboratory. This is an exciting opportunity for an eager worker without many years of commercial experience to learn, develop and grow in one of Brisbane’s premier microbreweries.
- Performing all elements of wort production, fermentation, cellaring and packaging of our 6 core range beers and 2 x 4 seasonal releases
- Providing support for the brewing team, being open to learning and development while applying your own flavour and insight into the systems
- Adhering to SOPs, health and safety directions and work schedules developed by our Head Brewer
- Spending some time on our 12hL brewpub at Newstead experimenting and releasing special batches and collaborations where necessary
- Interacting with the public, speaking at events, being an all round solid human.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a commercial brewery or demonstrated thorough understanding of the brewing process, including packaging
- Current Australian drivers license
- Forklift ticket
- Tertiary qualifications in brewing science from a recognised institute
A competitive remuneration package will be offered pursuant to experience and passion. An appropriate relocation allowance to Brisbane will also be provided.
If this sounds like you please forward applications directly to Mark Howes at firstname.lastname@example.org