Expression of Interest - Head Brewer
We make beer, we love beer, except bloody Gose*. Flying by the seat of our pants Newstead has punched out over 100 core range batches, 40 collaborations, 90 special batches, contract brews in Sydney and gypsy brews in Melbourne, all in under 3 years. We have a strong focus on quality and community, two aspects that are central to our operation. If you relish working in a creative, fast paced and expansive environment we invite you to apply for the position of Head Brewer of our brand new Production Facility in Milton, QLD. Sitting adjacent to Suncorp Stadium, in the heart of Castlemaine St the facility will run a 4 vessel, 50hL DME kit with Cask canning line, Comac semi-automated keg line, will house an environment controlled barrel room and maintain a substantial laboratory.
- Overseeing, improving and performing all elements of recipe development, wort production, fermentation, cellaring and packaging of our 6 core range beers and 2 x 4 seasonal releases
- Leading and managing a small team of brewers and packaging employees
- Installing, maintaining and constantly improving HACCP, QA and QC
- Directing and teaching staff and gypsy brewers and being involved in the Brisbane brewing community
- Spending some time on our 12hL brewpub at Newstead experimenting and releasing special batches and collaborations
- Interacting with the public, speaking at events, being a solid human.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a commercial brewery, operating semi-automatic 4-vessel systems or similar
- Current Australian drivers license
- Forklift ticket
- Available to start in February 2017
- Tertiary qualifications in brewing science from a recognised institute
- Experience and qualifications in HACCP
- Experience on a Cask canning line or similar
- Experience in commissioning and starting new breweries
A competitive remuneration package will be offered pursuant to experience and passion. An appropriate relocation allowance to Brisbane will also be provided.
If this sounds like you please forward applications directly to Mark Howes at email@example.com
*If you enjoy Gose your application will be regarded with the merit it deserves.